Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crazy Canuck Reunion Day 2: Milestones

Saturday was spent preparing a feast of dainty sandwiches and desserts for the party celebrating Georgia and Norm's 60th wedding anniversary, Georgia's 80th birthday, and Norm's 85th birthday. Many milestones indeed. We are thankful for Grandma and Grandma's committment to each other and for the legacy of love they have passed on to us.

After the big party we had dinner as a family and enjoyed the vocal stylings of uncle Scott--a rare treat. The kids jumped in the bouncy castle and enjoyed their treats from the fishing pond. And I enjoyed the introduction to a little confection called the Nanaimo bar--this little bit of brownie, frosting, and chocolate heaven is named after the city where it was invented (Nanaimo, BC) and available at the local Canadain Costco (why, Mr. Costco, don't we have them here?!). I thank you, and my hips thank you.

Nanaimo Bars

We also enjoyed some vocal stylings from Ella and Grant as well, and if I can ever figure out how to get those off my camera, you might be able to view them.


Ella fearlessly leaps into the arms of Uncle Ryan


All in all it was a great day to celebrate two great people, and we were pooped!

1 comments:

Casey said...

Hey in all my life of living in the Sates (I was born in B.C) I've never met anyone else who likes Nanimo bars. But I have the family recipe for them so maybe for Christmas... Glad you had a nice weekend.