Saturday, October 4, 2008

Here's a little tip. . .

When your son greets you at the door, covered in dirt, with a handful of flowers he's just yanked out of your garden, and says, "these are for you mom, I love you!", it is your job to kiss him on his grubby cheek, give him a big squeeze, and tell him how much you love him back. Soak up every bit of that sweetness, because I suspect moments like these will happen less and less as he gets bigger. So what if there's a hole in your orderly flower border--I'd take tender mercies like these over landscaping any day! :)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

What a great mom, you had the perfect reaction. I am afraid that I may not have had that first reaction. I hope so, but I don't know. That is very sweet!!

jenae waters said...

That is so sweet. I did the same thing as a child. I took my red wagon and picked all my neighbors flowers to give to my kindergarten teacher. unfortunatley no one in my neighborhood had a yard after that and they weren't very happy. At least it was YOUR flowers.:)