Friday, June 6, 2008

Kids say the darndest things. . .

Grant is obsessed these days with who or what is the biggest, fastest, tallest, oldest--you get the idea. The other day we were driving in the car having this conversation for the hundredth time and he asked me who was the best at everything in the whole world. I thought about this a bit, and answered that I guess God is the only one who is the best at everything. That seemed to stump him for a while at least, as I heard nothing else about it for the rest of the day.

Then yesterday we are laying on my bed talking and he asks to play "Cece ol' playmate," you know, the clapping game, "come down and play with me, and bring you're dollies three, climb up my apple tree. . ." He likes to start out slow and then do it faster and faster. So we are going along at a pretty good clip, about as fast as I can go without missing his little hands and slapping him in the face, and when we finish that round he says, "OK mom, that was pretty fast, but this time let's do it faster than God!"

And I'm like, "what did you say buddy?"

And he says nonchalantly, "you know, faster than God."

So I say, "where did you hear that buddy? Do your friends say that?"

And he says, "God is the best at everything, so I want to go faster than God."

Well, now guess which one of us was stumped. Pretty logical thinking for a for year old.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Oh man, that totally gave me the chuckles!!

Casey said...

I'm laughing right now. Grant is one quick whip. He's going to keep me you on your toes forever I think!

Casey said...

I'm laughing right now. Grant is one quick whip. He's going to keep me you on your toes forever I think!