Thursday, June 12, 2008

Monkeys at the Rodeo?

So who knew it's possible to get thrown out of a FREE small-town rodeo? Well I certainly didn't. And I guess we weren't technically thrown out, but we did have to be reprimanded several times because we couldn't keep our little monkeys from climbing the fence. Who needs barrel racing and cattle roping when there's a fence to climb and rocks to throw?

On the plus side, we did see a great variety of sparkley big belt buckles and cowboy/girl hats at the Eagle Fun Days Rodeo. And wranglers as far as the eye could see.


Grant and Ella in a rare moment of truce

Monkeys on the fence and a monkey on my back--I forgot to tell Dan the rule about only taking pictures from the shoulders-up. . .

Don't ask me why his hand is on his hip--this was his own manly idea of a pose

Grant and Jake

5 comments:

Katy said...

Okay, so I took a class...the lady didn't give us a pattern (a little weird, I know...), but this site:
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/tubesling.html has one that is VERY similar. I was glad I found it, because I forgot how to do the French seam. I've messed around with it, so I feel like I can explain it if you need me to (but you are a craft-master, so I'm sure you can figure it out!!

As for the book, I made mine through blurb.com. It "slurps" your blog entries into their program, then you can upload more photos, design your front cover, etc. It really was easy, and pretty cheap. I paid $46 total, and that included s&h.

Mary said...

yes.. i used the "b" word.. i hate using that word when i'm freaking 26 years old.. it makes me feel like i'm 12 instead.. anyways.. it's the guy i was telling you about.. when you were down here.. my home teacher.. and yes, now we are dating.. hah.. i'll have to post more pics!

Rachel said...

Hey, Brennan and I have been talking about Thanksgiving this year and were deciding on what were going to do. Brennan wants to go to Idaho and I want to go to Utah (which is not as realistic as I would want it to be). We were wondering what you guys were up too this year?

The Kyles said...

Em!!! I got the link to your blog through Becky. It has been forever! I went back for the Chamber Singer's Reunion and thought of all the fun times you and I used to have... Ah the memories. I can't believe you have two kids and one on the way! Rock on! Your family is beautiful and your blogs are entertaining (and pretty funny I might add)

The Kyles said...

Well, I am pretty sneaky. I'm totally addicted to bloging too, though I haven't had time of late to do much. I'm getting ready to apply to PhD programs! More school! Yay! How can I email you instead of posting on your blog? (although I always get excited when someone posts on my blog). 12 Days Huh? that is so exciting! I am yet to have a baby, but then, we've only been married a year. I maintain both the Damron Blog and mine and Jeff's but I look at the kyle one more.