Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dan the Man

Today my husband went and hired me a maid. Now, some women might take offense at this--"am I not doing a good enough job? Am I inadequate as a wife?" they might ask. Not me. Can I clean a toilet? Sure. I've been known to wield a pumice stone, stick half my body inside that thing, and scrub so hard that the glazing almost comes right off. But not today. Right now there is a team of ladies cleaning my house. That's right--once a month someone else gets to do all of the unpleasant chores I loath doing. Toilets, stove, floors--these ladies are cleaning super heroes! And you know who else is a super hero today? That guy, that handsome devil right up there, my very own partner in crime for the eternities. The man that knows that the way to a gal's heart is not with flowers and chocolates, but with sparkling clean showers. Man, the smell of someone else using the cleaning products turns me on! Come home early hon, I wanna smooch ya!

7 comments:

Jody said...

Good job Dan!!! What a perfect gift. Oh, if only my husband were in tune with what a woman really wants.....he'd be a happy man ;)

Lindsey said...

Ryan needs to take some lessons from Dan! Do you have to have three kids to get this as a gift? I have several years to wait if so. Enjoy the sparkling clean toilets; I'm headed to tackle mine.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DCON said...

Shut up Emily. Just SHUT UP!


...you had me at Maid!

:)


I have always loved Dan - but now he's raised the bar too high for me and I can no longer love a man who makes my life so difficult.

Shandis said...

yeah! So glad that someone else is scrubbing the floors for you! So fun to just relax and not have to worry about it!!

Katrina said...

That sounds so nice!!! That is on my list of things to do today! Way to go Dan. You have raised the bar very high for the rest of our hubbies.

Paula said...

That's awesome, Emily. Just beware, once it's apparent that you're handling things on your own again with three little ones... they yank that right out from under you. =) Ah, it's nice while it lasts though.