Thursday, May 29, 2008

While the cat's away, the mice must. . .decorate

While Dan was away in Alaska last weekend, I decided it was a good time to redecorate his office as a birthday present for him. With the help of my very talented interior decorator and friend, Katie Christensen (http://www.interiorsredefined.blogspot.com/), the office was painted, furnished, and staged. I chose an airplane/travel theme because Dan is such a fanatic about those things--and I absolutely LOVE how it has turned out (I wish I had "before" pics, but Dan had the camera with him in Alaska). It is Brown and light blue and very masculine. Now I just sit in here all the time and wish the rest of my house could be so put together. Thanks Katie! You're a genius! And Happy 29th Birthday Dan! I think this one may count as your gift for the next 10 birthdays. . .
Just imagine how many high-powered business deals may someday take place at this very desk!

Family pics for inspiriation

Now Dan can look up and know what time it is in major cities around the world--if he doesn't go crazy from hearing four clocks ticking at the same time!


Hey--who let that kid in the CEO's office?

We already had these curtains, but I added the light blue fabric to make them longer and to match the new color scheme

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy Moly, Em! That look FANTASTIC! Dan's a lucky guy!

Kerrie said...

The office looks really good. I LOVE the color scheme/theme. Sure hope he loved the surprise!

Katie said...

That was a lot of fun. You are by far the fastest painter and seamstress EVER. Very meticulous, too.